We’re a global market leader in providing software and digital marketing solutions to the automotive industry. We’re innovating the way that automotive dealerships drive their customers’ car-buying experience from the moment they run a search online all the way through to bringing their car back in for a service. Join us and be a part of the evolution.
We’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organisation where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
A Product Director at CDK Global key is responsible for Defining and Executing Product Vision and Strategy for assigned product area(s). To facilitate this, Product Directors must both follow corporate strategy, and influence it. Product Directors should monitor and interpret all trends that occur within the Automotive Digital Marketing Market, competitor and industry structures, and make recommendations to senior management that assist in the development of the Digital Marketing Division goals. Experience with retail and consumer businesses is preferred.
The Product Director manages Product Managers, who are assigned ownership of more specific delivery functions. A Product Director sets the workload priority aligned with specific roadmap and is the facilitator between business drivers and the team’s ability to deliver solutions. It is the responsibility of the Product Director to take the critical role as overseer of all their Product Managers, specifically as it pertains to the design and development of strategic technology platform products. She/he functions as a key interface between business leaders, development, operations, and product marketing to advance the company’s objective to have the leading enterprise digital marketing platform/solution. It is critically important for the Product Director to work with all other, non-Core product areas to develop strategic synergies. This is a critical factor in optimizing future development and supporting innovation.
Vision, Strategy, Prioritization, Product Evangelization, and Product Execution. This role requires high drive for customer satisfaction and delivering on results.
• Directs those involved in the design, modification, and evaluation of all phases of a group of products including, but not limited to: content, pricing, inventory, and promotions.
• Establishes the strategic direction of the product management function for the organization.
• Coordinates with various functions including Engineering, Marketing, and Sales to establish product specifications and ensure successful product development and implementation.
• Lead coordination and prioritization of deliverables for product design, development and release process for assigned products and maintain the product development road map
• Develop hands on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses
• Responsible for the results of the team as it relates to achievement of departmental/team goals, budget adherence, project management, resource allocation, and employee performance/development.
• Researches and understands changing business environments, both external and internal, including but not limited to market factors, customer needs, trends, legal regulations, compliance policies, strategy adjustments, organization strategies, etc.
• 10+ years delivering high availability products to market with B2B or B2C products
• Strong experience leading teams comprised of both IC and leadership - you'll be a team of 6-7 direct reports with a total group of 12-13
• Comfortable with a mix of strategic and tactical responsibilities - 40/60 split
• C-level and Client-facing communication skills
• Experience owning a multi-year roadmap
• Strong personal drive for high ownership and P/L responsibility
Bachelors or higher, ideally in a technical field, along with an MBA would be ideal. We are more interested in the right background than the right degree.