We have an opportunity to be a central figure in updating and introducing all technology, company-wide, for a Fortune 10 organization and one of the most recognizable brands in the world.
Are you a stud Java programmer that is seeking an opportunity to be noticed by the country's highest level Chief Officers? We want you!
All new technology that's introduced to this massive organization runs through this group to launch next-gen products and services, both internally and externally. Amazing opportunity to be noticed by the world's most innovative minds.
This is a fast-paced office that the entire company relies on to continue as the #1 organization in their industry. This is a high-profile team with tons of growth opportunity that is highly visible to the entire technology organization. Come join this exciting team that is responsible for creating a modern technology environment at one of the most recognizable and historic companies in the world!
Here's Why Should You be Interested Even if you Have a great Full Time role:
- Your future is brighter when you become a key member of a key team for a global organization
- You will be working with the newest, most innovative next-gen technology with a singular focus to continually innovate one of the world's most recognizable brands
- Immense opportunity for growth. This is a chance to get in on the ground-floor of this new team that will continue to grow and take over the entire company's newly released products.
- After having done high-profile work for a high-profile company that will be recognized by high-level Chief Officers, you will be a highly sought after commodity that any organization in the world would be interested in hiring.
- You will have zero days without benefits bc we offer company-paid benefits beginning on day 1 of employment
Here's why you should consider moving to Scottsdale, AZ (Phoenix Suburb) where our client is located:
- The average winter temperature is 70 & Sunny, with over 300 days of sunshine per year
- Median home price is $234k
- Phoenix is one of the prime emerging Technical epicenters of the world in the 5th largest US city
- Small-town feel in a big-city landscape
- 3000 sq ft homes at the same cost of 1000 sq ft homes in NY, LA, Chicago, etc.
- Live a life of luxury where the average Salary of Phoenix residents is $49k (this role offers $120 - $150k conversion salary)
- Individual income tax rate is 4.54% (compared to 9.3% in CA or 8.82% in NY).
- CNN’s Cost of Living Calculator estimates that a salary of $100,000 in San Francisco will buy you the same as $50,000 in Phoenix. The same $100k salary in San Diego amounts to $65,000 in Phoenix. If you dream of affordable housing only a few blocks from work, Arizona is definitely a good place to check out.
- 61% lower cost of living than NYC
- 34% lower cost of living than Boston
- 33% lower cost of living than L.A
- Incredible Job Growth - AZ ranks third in the country for job growth, with a rate of double the national average.
- Low commute time, 20 minutes on average
- Some of the best private schools in the nation for free (Basis schools in San Jose is about $30k / yr for K-12. Basis schools in Phoenix is free due to state laws)
- Outdoor enthusiasts can hike trails in the Phoenix Mountains Preserve, kayak or paddleboard on Tempe Town Lake or enjoy desert wildlife at the Desert Botanical Garden & Phoenix Zoo. Dozens of museums with themes like Native American history, musical instruments, toys and firetrucks provide respite from the sun.
- Cheering on Phoenix's professional sports teams, including the MLB's Arizona Diamondbacks, the NFL's Arizona Cardinals, the NBA's Suns, WNBA's Mercury and the NHL's Coyotes, is another favorite pastime.
- Each January, more than half a million golf enthusiasts descend on the area to watch the Waste Management Phoenix Open
- Enjoy access to playing some of the best, most awarded golf courses in the nation
- In March, you can catch a spring training game for MLB's Arizona Fall League
- Meanwhile, Downtown Phoenix offers a collection of concert venues and nightclubs, as do the nearby cities of Scottsdale and Tempe.
Verticalmove, Inc. is the leading technology talent firm for Information Technology, Software Engineering and Executive professionals. We have an opportunity with a Fortune 10 client to be on the front lines of the fight against COVID-19 and to be a central figure in updating all technology, company-wide.
Verticalmove is proud to offer one of the best contingency-staff Benefits packages in the world, with eligibility beginning on day 1 of employment:
- We pay 75% or your monthly Insurance deductible
- Accrued PTO (sick & vacation)
- 401k with a 4% match
As a Java Software Engineer, Advisor, you will participate on an XP Programming Product Team of 6-10 people and work with the team to build high quality, usable products to customers and stakeholders in our new innovation labs. You will help educate both business and technology personnel on the AGILE and XP development process and create products from discovery and framework through iterative development and delivery. You will also maintain a user-centered and business as priority approach in design perspective and practice.
A firm understanding of Java development principles and agile methodologies is crucial for success in the role. The position is located in the Scottsdale AZ. Candidates must be able to be in the office to work with product teams five days a week from 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM. Remote is OK until quarantine ends.
As a Senior Java Engineer, you will:
• Design efficient and user-friendly software products to advance and support business needs
• To be successful in this role, it is important that you have a deep knowledge of various cloud infrastructure hardware and software such as Openstack, AWS, GCP and Azure, as well as the underlying architecture for hyper-converged technologies and Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
1. Java and Spring Framework (at least 2-3 years)
2. APIs, Microservices, REST
- 2+ years with Java development experience
- 2+ years of Java development experience while utilizing one or more these technologies: Spring Boot, Java, Spring MVC, Go, NodeJS, React or similar
- 1+ year of experience working in an Agile based development environment, using Agile concepts such as Continuous Integration, CI/CD, TDD
MOST IMPORTANT RESPONIBILITIES:
1. Work in a paired programming collaborative environment.
2. Design efficient and user-friendly software products to advance and support business needs
3. Develop code utilizing test-driven development (TDD)
- Cloud development experience
- PaaS, SaaS development experience
•7 + years of Java development experience
• 5+ years of experience working with enterprise solution delivery in a large scale distributed software design environment, preferably in a J2EE development environment with strong leadership experience
• 2+ years of experience working in an Agile based development environment, using Agile concepts such as Continuous Integration, TDD
• 2 years of experience with front end development including AngularJS, Angular2, or Angular4 preferred
• 2+ year with emerging cloud platform technologies such as: CloudFoundry, Openshift , AWS Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, Heroku , or other PaaS technologies
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information systems or similar