Verticalmove, Inc. is the leading technology talent firm for Information Technology, Software Engineering and Executive professionals. We have an opportunity with a Fortune 15 client to help build, maintain, and innovate one of the largest Payment Applications in the world. This is a fast-paced office that the entire company relies on to continue as the #1 organization in their industry. You will be a part of a high-profile team with growth opportunities, and your work will be highly visible to the entire organization. Come join this exciting team that is responsible for creating a modern technology environment at one of the most recognizable and historic companies in the world!
In 2017-2019, Forbes named our client as a Top 25 most valuable brand in the world (and #1 in financial services), estimating the brand to be worth $24.5 billion and growing. In 2018 and 2019, Fortune ranked them as a Top 15 most admired company worldwide, and a Top 25 best company to work for.
Verticalmove is proud to offer one of the best contingency-staff Benefits packages in the world:
- We pay 75% or your monthly Insurance deductible
- Accrued PTO (sick & vacation)
- 401k with a 4% match
Are you interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions?
Our client has embarked on an exciting modernization journey for the Global Credit Card Network Platform. This platform authorizes and processes all of the company’s customer card transactions. This Card Network is the most critical backbone for the organization. It is a low latency system that is always available and highly resilient. It is used to process transactions from around the world 24x7, 365 days a year.
This high profile role that is at the epicenter of the company. Every single payment made, worldwide, runs through this team's payment application.
The team dynamic is nimble, creative, multi-functional, collective and with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. In this role, you will contribute to the creation of the next generation, Global Card Network Platform.
• Contribute as a core member of a high-impact team that takes ownership and drives design, development, and implementation of cutting-edge software applications that empower customers.
• Write code and unit tests, working on API specs, automation, and testing
• Identify exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
• Perform ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and deliver continuous improvement
• Design and develop REST and gRPC services as well as consume restful API’s
• You will be developing deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms
About The Tech Stack
This role is for a specialized group within the Global Card Network Platform. You will work with these technologies on a daily basis:
• Go (Golang) is primary language of choice
• Services run within Docker containers and primary run on Kubernetes clusters
• Systems are monitored using technologies like Prometheus, Elastic, Kibana, Grafana, Jaeger
• HTTP/2 REST, gRPC, and Kafka are used
• Configuration and secrets are managed using open source tools such as Consul & Vault
• Modern datastores like Redis, Couchbase, Cassandra & Postgresql are used
• Experience working with Go (Golang) or a similar language with a strong desire to learn Go.
• Hands on experience in building distributed micro-service systems and experience with Service Mesh products is a plus.
• Working knowledge of Docker.
• Have experience in designing and building Cloud native applications. Experience in Kubernetes is a plus.
• Experience in using NoSQL databases and distributed messaging systems is a plus.
• Awareness of the challenges of distributed systems and practices of building highly available platforms.
• A deep understanding of TCP/IP is a plus, but not required. We will teach you.
• Experience working in DevOps model and Scrums teams.
• An affinity to communicate with openness and transparency and a passion to learn new technologies and optimize them to their potential.
• Bachelor's Degree that you recently received in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience