Verticalmove, Inc. is the leading technology talent firm for Information Technology, Software Engineering and Executive professionals. We have an opportunity with a Fortune 10 client to be on the front lines of the fight against COVID-19 and to be a central figure in updating all UI/UX Design, company-wide. This is a fast-paced office that the entire company relies on to continue as the #1 organization in their industry. This is a high-profile team with tons of growth opportunity that is highly visible to the entire technology organization. Come join this exciting team that is responsible for creating a modern technology environment at one of the most recognizable and historic companies in the world!
Verticalmove is proud to offer one of the best contingency-staff Benefits packages in the world:
- We pay 75% or your monthly Insurance deductible
- Accrued PTO (sick & vacation)
- 401k with a 4% match
As a Senior UX Product Designer, you will be at the center of innovation at a Fortune 10 company, to tackle bold initiatives that take a modern approach of disciplined agile and lean software practices to transform the healthcare and pharmacy industries. The Senior UX Product Designer is central in ensuring product success and end-user satisfaction in a highly collaborative environment that follows the Extreme Programming (XP) methodology. This position is responsible for leading the design effort by making informed decisions for product development as part of small, cross-functional product teams. You will help educate both business and technology teams on the XP process and how the traditional UX role changes, as well as lead products from discovery through iterative delivery while maintaining a user-centered approach in design perspective and practice.
A firm understanding of user-centered design principles and user research methodologies is crucial for success in the role. Empathy, creative problem-solving, comfort with uncertainty, pairing with team members, excellent communication skills, curiosity and learning are the foundational characteristics of the UX Product Designer.
This role will be remote until the office opens again, and at that point the expectation is to be 100% on-site.
Responsibilities of the SR UX Product Designer:
• Solve the right problem through the understanding of user needs in order to deliver new or improved products and services that have real impact
• Bring a lean/iterative mindset; be open to having conversations over documentation
• Full-stack designer: assist with all dimensions of design – research, usability evaluation, information architecture, wireframes, visual, CSS and HTML – it’s ok not be an expert in all, as long as you are open and want to learn
• Ability to mentor, coach and guide other designers in an XP lab (this is an individual contributor role with leadership responsibilities)
• Work with cross-functional teams and pair with everyone – other designers, product managers, and product engineers
• Embrace an agile mindset: be willing to adapt and experiment with design process
• Enhance the broader UX product design practice and knowledge within the XP labs
• Experience with UX design advocacy within large business and technology organizations
• Experience with enabling others in user centered design best practices
• Experience with user research methodologies and ability to train others
• Experience working in the pharmacy or healthcare industries
• Experience with cloud-based technology platforms
• 7+ years’ professional experience in an UX architect or UX design role. Related degree preferred (e.g., HCI, Psychology, Fine Arts)
• 5+ years’ experience in at least one of the 3 design pillars: user research, interaction design or visual design.
• 3+ years of working effectively with Agile and lean philosophies
• 5+ years’ experience working independently with clients or stakeholder and designing business or enterprise applications
• 5+ years’ experience executing user-centered design methodologies by leading product design decisions from research through implementation
• 5+ years’ experience working in design and prototyping software tools such as Axure, InVision or Sketch
• 1+ year of experience with modern front-end technologies and open source frameworks (e.g. Material Design, HTML/CSS, grid systems, responsive design)
• Bachelor's Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Fine Arts, Computer Science or Similar. Equivalent years of experience in lieu of degree considered.