Perform the project engineering and management required to execute the Mission Assurance (MA) baseline. Responsible for identifying risks and threats to a successful mission for programs. In this capacity, will support the planning, delegating and the delivery of all MA-related artifacts on the program. These analyses ensure that the design has sufficient performance margins, failure-recovery capabilities, resiliency, and high pedigree upon test-completion, such that mission success is achieved
What You’ll Do:
- Prime responsibility is to support assigned program(s) to be planned and executed to meet Mission Assurance (MA) requirements using standard processes. This is accomplished via execution of program-unique Mission Assurance plan(s) through each of the assigned MA functional disciplines.
- Responsible for receiving (e.g. customer contract, MAR, TOR), clarifying, negotiating, decomposing, allocating (via subcontract SOWs, SMAS and support to EDTS) and ultimately verifying compliance to all assurance-related contractual customer requirements on a program, through delegation to a team of Systems Assurance subject matter experts.
- Responsible for supporting the planning, developing and delivering all MA-related CDRLs or SDRLs per the SOW and contract on the program.
- Supports project decisions regarding Quality Assurance from project initiation through final delivery.
- Supports identifying, evaluating, and reporting all risks to the “mission” (current and residual) on the program, including those that result from failures and deviations, to the prescribed risk threshold.
- Must be capable of planning and establishing derived requirements with or without customer specifications for successful Mission Assurance efforts and tasks on space programs containing electronic, electrical, optical, software, and mechanical subsystems.
This position requires:
- Active Secret clearance or higher required.
- Providing effective Mission Assurance discipline expert oversight and direction.
- Active participation in design, production/test readiness, and other reviews and audits with the ability to make risk-informed decisions for Mission and Quality Assurance.
- Taking a lead role in the identification, mitigation, and communication of Mission Assurance drivers and risk.
- Formally present information and communicate effectively with Program Management, Executive Leadership and Customers.
- Providing leadership for Failure Review Board activities.
- Maintaining a collaborative and informational-based relationship with customer counterparts.
- Foster trusted advisor relationships with Program Management, other program team leads, and on-site customers as required.
- Developing and maintaining metrics to measure levels of task activity progress and product quality.
- Efforts will involve scheduling, budgeting, and milestone monitoring as well as reviewing technical reports to assure technical and contractual compliance.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Successful candidate will have completed a government national security clearance investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
- Active Secret clearance or higher required.
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.