Nice to meet you! I'm often regarded as one of the geekiest Recruiters in the industry and I couldn't be more proud to be honest. I've loved computers since my Texas Instruments TI-99/4A in 1981, followed by a Laser 128, which was an Apple II clone manufactured by Vtech. I introduced Apple Logo (think similar to Lisp) to my Elementary School and helped teach after school classes on the Apple II.
Fast forward three-decades later, I'm still playing with code, deploying systems on AWS EC2/S3 and for the past 16+ years have built some of the most prestigious enterprise and consumer software companies in the world.
You can expect that I will never spam your resume anywhere. I'm incredibly technical and have a deep understanding the technology and trends that make our industry go around. I'm a wealth of opportunities that you wouldn't likely find elsewhere as the best roles are rarely advertised.
Verticalmove, Inc is a leading technology talent firm for Information Technology (IT), Software Engineering and Executive professionals. We build the most admired companies throughout the world by identifying and attracting highly qualified and often hard to find professional talent. Our portfolio of clients includes start-ups financed by the most exclusive venture capital firms, and established Fortune 500 companies such as American Express, CVS Health, United Healthcare, Salesforce.com, Sony Interactive, and many others.
Being part of our Information Technology and Engineering consultancy means you’ll have industry-leading benefits too, including Health (medical, dental, vision and life insurance), Paid Time Off (sick and vacation), and Retirement (401k with a 4% match).
You will be responsible for building incredibly well written, easily maintainable, massively scalable software within one of the most recognized B2C brands, which is consumed by millions of end-users across North America.
• Write highly, efficient, testable code in Java and other object-oriented languages.
• Build highly available, secure, distributed systems in a microservices architecture.
• Create and deploy quality software as part of an Agile engineering team that has complete DevOps ownership of their work from discovery, UX, and design through the code, test, release, and maintenance cycles.
• Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry to work on complex challenges in large-scale computing.
• Minimum of 3 years progressive Software Engineering experience in an agile, product-oriented B2B or B2C environment.
• Strong applied experience. You’ve built, broken, and rebuilt software applications. We’re looking for creative thinkers who also know how to create real-world products.
• Solid experience working with or familiarity around Java, C++ and/or Python.
• Very strong foundational knowledge in Object-Oriented Design Principles, Data Structures, Algorithms, SQL/NoSQL, Operating Systems, and Software Engineering.
• Understanding around concepts like Web Services, SOA, REST APIs.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience is required