Nice to meet you! I'm often regarded as one of the geekiest Recruiters in the industry and I couldn't be more proud to be honest. I've loved computers since my Texas Instruments TI-99/4A in 1981, followed by a Laser 128, which was an Apple II clone manufactured by Vtech. I introduced Apple Logo (think similar to Lisp) to my Elementary School and helped teach after school classes on the Apple II.
Fast forward three-decades later, I'm still playing with code, deploying systems on AWS EC2/S3 and for the past 16+ years have built some of the most prestigious enterprise and consumer software companies in the world.
You can expect that I will never spam your resume anywhere. I'm incredibly technical and have a deep understanding the technology and trends that make our industry go around. I'm a wealth of opportunities that you wouldn't likely find elsewhere as the best roles are rarely advertised.
Verticalmove, Inc is a leading technology talent firm for Information Technology (IT), Software Engineering and Executive professionals. We build the most admired companies throughout the world by identifying and attracting highly qualified and often hard to find professional talent. Our portfolio of clients includes start-ups financed by the most exclusive venture capital firms, and established Fortune 500 companies such as American Express, CVS Health, United Healthcare, Salesforce.com, Sony Interactive, and many others.
Being part of our Information Technology and Engineering consultancy means you’ll have industry-leading benefits too, including Health (medical, dental, vision and life insurance), Paid Time Off (sick and vacation), and Retirement (401k with a 4% match).
An Agile People Leader manages and heads allocated resources, responsible for employee performance management from a high level & sometimes working across teams, coaching, recruiting, & assisting in team member’s career development and retention. The Agile People Leader is extremely collaborative across several functions and establishes strong relationships throughout the Technology department as well as any other business units you may work with.
• Work onsite and interact, collaborate and synchronize work frequently with other people in IT and throughout the entire organization.
• Develop & maintain employees within a high performing environment to provide quality and timely delivery of all IT and business objectives.
• Develop, execute and maintain training plans in place to guarantee technical skills needed by any IT or business unit are available to support overall objectives.
• Facilitate and/or contribute to at least 1 community of practice to sets standards, provide shared knowledge opportunities, and supervise improvements to those specific areas of the IT unit.
• Provide leadership and mentoring to team members including behavioral, process control, and methods needed to deliver value to the entire organization.
• Manage employee actions for assigned staff that includes but is not limited to:
- Approving vacation & PTO
- Coach and counsel team members
- Conduct ongoing check-ins
- Hire employees
- Manage & recommend salary or merit increases
- Train and evaluate employees
• Maintain relationships with Agile Release Team leadership including Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Product.
• Management and Release Train Engineers across the entire organization to promote consistency of practices and processes.
• Work with Verticalmove for assigned contract staff resources.
• Manage 10 to 25 employees.
• 2 years working in Agile, managing and leading teams in an Agile environment.
• Must be a PURE Agile coach and utilize Pure Agile methodologies.
• Oral and written communication skills are a non-negotiable and necessary to interact with internal and external client, partners, and department staff.
• Ability to connect with and manage resources across a broad spectrum of specialties across multiple departments.
• Bachelors in a technology field or at least 4 years working in IT.
• 4 years in management with verified leadership expectations, including collaborating and overall influence of the culture.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience is required.