Nice to meet you! I'm often regarded as one of the geekiest Recruiters in the industry and I couldn't be more proud to be honest. I've loved computers since my Texas Instruments TI-99/4A in 1981, followed by a Laser 128, which was an Apple II clone manufactured by Vtech. I introduced Apple Logo (think similar to Lisp) to my Elementary School and helped teach after school classes on the Apple II.
Fast forward three-decades later, I'm still playing with code, deploying systems on AWS EC2/S3 and for the past 16+ years have built some of the most prestigious enterprise and consumer software companies in the world.
You can expect that I will never spam your resume anywhere. I'm incredibly technical and have a deep understanding the technology and trends that make our industry go around. I'm a wealth of opportunities that you wouldn't likely find elsewhere as the best roles are rarely advertised.
Verticalmove, Inc is a leading technology talent firm for Information Technology (IT), Software Engineering and Executive professionals. We build the most admired companies throughout the world by identifying and attracting highly qualified and often hard to find professional talent. Our portfolio of clients includes start-ups financed by the most exclusive venture capital firms, and established Fortune 500 companies such as American Express, CVS Health, United Healthcare, Salesforce.com, Sony Interactive, and many others.
Being part of our Information Technology and Engineering consultancy means you’ll have industry-leading benefits too, including Health (medical, dental, vision and life insurance), Paid Time Off (sick and vacation), and Retirement (401k with a 4% match).
The Cloud Security Engineer will be responsible for coordinating with all aspects of the company to assess, design, and implement various security processes and controls. You and your team will be responsible for reviewing and testing our new services before release, partnering closely with our infrastructure and development teams to produce innovative and secure solutions. The right person for this role has a strong drive to solve security challenges within a rapidly expanding environment, and the desire to implement best-in-class security measures using cutting edge technology. Additionally, the right person has a strong track record of delivering high-quality security solutions in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly.
• Experience in security engineering experience with using cloud/PaaS technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure, Kubernetes).
• Hands-on security experience, with in-depth knowledge of security, scaling in the cloud.
• Experience with automating new and existing processes and tools.
• Experience with AWS, Java, Python, Ruby, and other modern open source languages and tools.
• Operational knowledge of endpoint, systems, databases, orchestration/configuration as code technologies (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform), and network security engineering best practices.
• Solid problem solving and analytical skills; able to quickly digest issues encountered and recommend an appropriate solution.
• Experience in using scripting languages such as Python, BASH, or Go to automate tasks and manipulate data.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.