Verticalmove, Inc. is a leading technology talent firm for Information Technology, Software Engineering and Executive professionals. We build the most admired companies throughout the world by identifying and attracting highly qualified and often hard to find professional talent. Our portfolio of clients include start-ups financed by the most exclusive venture capital firms, and established billion-dollar brands.
Verticalmove is proud to offer one of the best contingency-staff Benefits packages in the world:
- We pay 75% or your monthly Insurance deductible
- Accrued PTO (sick & vacation)
- 401k with a 4% match
Our client, a member of the Nasdaq exchange, is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company is a leading supplier of conductor-based solutions, offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power management, analog, sensors, logic, timing, connectivity, discrete, SoC and custom devices. The company’s products help engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, medical, aerospace and defense applications. The client operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, a robust compliance and ethics program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions.
This candidate will work as an integral part of the Security Operations Team providing technical support and direction to the organization. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated familiarity and experience working with CyberSecurity policies in a corporate environment. This role involves the development and documentation of these policies for software tools and services. The candidate will be expected to work with various teams to interpret and implement these policies. A strong understanding of the vulnerability assessment process, Cyber Security concepts under the NIST Framework, and application protection is required for this position.
This candidate will also be responsible for supporting security defenses, to include assessing the network for vulnerabilities, developing solutions for security issues, and investigating security breaches. This role is also responsible for other tasks and initiatives including assisting with IT security compliance such as conducting scheduled internal compliance auditing/testing to ensure we are meeting our process and policy requirements as well as making and implementing recommendations for improvements in processes or systems.
• Typical workday will be normal business hours.
• Work with organizations regulatory compliance requirements needs
• Work in concert with senior IT peers to implement, manage, and maintain security applications and infrastructure
• Configure, manage, and monitor network and security infrastructure in accordance with industry best practices.
• Participate in the evaluation, deployment, integration, and configuration of new networking and security solutions using the NIST framework
• Implement firewall rulesets and policy configuration in accordance with internal standards and industry best practices
• Monitor and review SIEM activity to identify security events and incidents.
• Assist in the investigation of security events and incidents in collaboration with the SOC team
• Search and analyze security logs for malicious and abnormal network behaviors
• Ability to analyze data and communicate malicious behavior discoveries to non-technical consumers
• Identify privacy breaches and malware threats
• Analyze network specifications to assess security risks
• Team player with ability to take charge of their area of expertise. Not afraid to “own it”
• Ability to work with multiple teams throughout the world.
• Understanding of TCP/IP protocols and OSI stack; common network application protocols (e.g., HTTP/HTTPS, DNS); and routing protocols
• Demonstrated experience working in a client service environment
• Experience with NGFW’s (ForiNET, Palo Alto, Cisco etc)
• Experience with malware analysis & tools
• Experience in any of the following areas: ICS & IOT protocols, working knowledge of VPN’s and secure tunneling protocols, working knowledge of UNIX/Linux systems, SOC experience, experience with network monitoring tools (WireShark, TCPdump, etc)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PPT)