We have an opportunity to be a Data Staff Engineer to drive mulit-functional innovation at a 100 year old organization, one of the most well known automobile Insurance organizations in the world. Instead of letting people go due to the pandemic, our client is in a hiring surge to keep up with the demands caused by COVID-19.
Verticalmove, Inc. is a leading technology talent firm for Information Technology, Software Engineering and Executive professionals. We build the most admired companies throughout the world by identifying and attracting highly qualified and often hard to find professional talent. Our portfolio of clients include start-ups financed by the most exclusive venture capital firms, and established billion-dollar brands.
Verticalmove is proud to offer one of the best contingency-staff Benefits packages in the world:
- We pay 75% or your monthly Insurance deductible
- Accrued PTO (sick & vacation)
- 401k with a 4% match
- Be a lead technical resource on the Digital Engineering team, building the organization's next generation of customer facing web & mobile applications.
- Deliver durable, high-quality software in a fast-paced environment.
- Work in support of multiple agile release trains, epics and scrum teams providing technical oversight and leadership to embedded software engineers.
- Provide technical analysis, design, code, and automate in support of program and project deliverables. Participate in estimation sessions, design sessions, implementation plans, and resolve technical issues as needed.
- Deliver clear, pragmatic solutions with applicability to meet immediate business needs.
- Contribute to code reviews, ensuring appropriate unit test coverage is in place.
-Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Assist team in achieving high degrees of automation using well established DevOps and Agile practices.
- Ensure that technical solutions are aligned with Enterprise Architecture and applications and systems are built for uninterrupted availability, meet performance requirements, future extensibility, multiple system integrations, long-term growth and low-maintenance support.
- Ensure that technical and quality standards are enforced throughout the software development lifecycle.
-Mentor and coach more junior engineers and assist in onboarding of new team members.
- Advocate technical direction, define best practices and principles for Digital Engineering.
- Work close functionally with other teams including Integrations, Policy Administration, Claim Administration, and Product to drive strategic business capabilities.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in building web & mobile applications.
- Demonstrated mastery of software development best practices, including code standards, cod reviews, source control mgt, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Working experience of Cloud architectures, services, and DevOps practices within AWS.
- Strong customer relationship, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding oral, written, presentation and listening communication skills.
- Effective decision-making skills, even under pressure and while lacking all of the desired information detail.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Experience with highly transactional account and payment related websites.
- Experience supporting complex systems with significant integration points and external Third Party systems through APIs.
- Ability to work within shifting priorities and tight timelines.
RESTFUL WEB SERVICES
- Experience using code analysis tools such as PMD, Checkstyle, Findbugs, and Sonar Experience designing and implementing Single Page Applications
- Experience working with Continuously Deployed CI/CD applications
- Experience consuming RESTful web services Experience with web optimization techniques
- Experience in building applications deployed in AWS Effectively manage priorities, deliverables and timelines with little need for escalation.
- Provide technical leadership to drive the continued adoption of DevOps and cloud enterprise solutions.
- Drive best practices in Site Reliability Engineering and insure Secure, Scalable, Performant, and Highly Available Service.
- Relentlessly introduce new ways of improving & scaling digital applications. Identify, plan, and implement improvements to deployment/release pipelines.