Verticalmove, Inc. is the leading technology talent firm for Information Technology, Software Engineering and Executive professionals. In 2017-2019, Forbes named our client as a Top 25 most valuable brand in the world (and #1 in financial services), estimating the brand to be worth $24.5 billion and growing. In 2018 and 2019, Fortune ranked them as a Top 15 most admired company worldwide, and a Top 25 best company to work for.
We have an exciting, highly visible opportunity with this Fortune 15, next-gen group with more than 112 million business and consumer customers globally across 130 countries that is completely disrupting the $134.1 trillion global industry – named Top 25 most valuable brand worldwide with an annual revenue of $35 billion, which is increasing 5% year after year.
This is a multinational financial services corporation headquartered in New York with a corporate Satellite office in Phoenix and is one of the 30 components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
Verticalmove is proud to offer one of the best contingency-staff Benefits packages in the world:
- We pay 75% or your monthly Insurance deductible
- Accrued PTO (sick & vacation)
- 401k with a 4% match
This role will be working London, England hours.
• Can start at 10:00am or 11:00am London time
• That translates to a 5:00am or 6:00am EST start.
Our client is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to contribute towards their "core dining product." We are seeking a well-rounded individual who has experience with application development.
In this role, you should be a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills as well as having a strong experience in using Ruby to build fast and scalable APIs.
• Work with the Engineering Lead to drive forward technical architecture and implementation.
• Collaborate with other business/product/team stakeholders to manage releases cycles.
• Maintain and improve developer continuity through creating documentation and developing legible and extensible code.
• Produce clean and efficient code based on specifications
• Integrate software components and third-party services
• Verify and deploy programs and systems
• Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade
• Recommend and execute improvements
• Help to maintain, and improve, the code quality and organization
• Mentor junior developers
• SOLID understanding of Object-Oriented programming
• A knack for writing clean reusable code
• Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails along with the most common libraries such as RSpec, sidekiq, grape
• Good Experience with RESTful APIs
• Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
• Proficiency with data storage solutions, we use PostgreSQL and Redis
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
• A knack for benchmarking and optimization
• Highly focused on writing TDD code
• Good understanding of the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• Familiarity with Continuous integration