Do you like to help people from a tech perspective live self directed lives. Do you want to work somewhere that you can relax and do your job and enjoy working remote. Do you like to build portals and work with data. Then this is the job for you. Come work with a group in the BI reporting team and enjoy.
Must have experience with centric solutions, including data warehousing, system integration, ETL & data integration, and BI/semantic models, e.g. SSAS.
This candidate will be responsible for building the Data Warehouse and dashboards to improve the business units. They will be building member and vendor portals.
The incumbent will participate in the full life-cycle of solution implementation, from requirements gathering/review and data modelling through development, testing, implementation and maintenance.
• Work with business analysts and subject matter experts to assess and understand business’ data and BI requirements.
• Design, develop and implement and maintain data integration solutions data between operational systems and data warehouses.
• Design and implement robust data models (relational and dimensional) that are right-sized, scalable, and maintainable.
• Ensure that solutions/code are well-managed in source-control.
• Serve as an administrator for data warehouse, reporting, and BI solutions; contribute to database backup/restore strategies, security, and change-management/deployment practices.
• Create and maintain documentation of data-warehouse/BI architecture, including ERDs, process flows, data flow diagrams, etc.
• Mentor other team members, providing design guidance, troubleshooting and code-reviews as necessary.
• Stay current with industry best practices and technologies related to data, reporting, and Business Intelligence (BI), including cloud-based technologies, e.g. SQL Server stack in Azure. Provide guidance as we chart our path to the cloud within the data/BI space.
• Ability to understand and deconstruct complex business processes, e.g. loan origination & servicing, into meaningful data structures.
• The ability to work in teams (and with individuals) of diverse backgrounds in a cooperative and productive partnership.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, able to work with a minimum of supervision, ability to meet deadlines, work independently, and manage multiple tasks and priorities
• The ability to learn rapidly, to ask relevant and insightful questions, and take instruction constructively.
• The ability to analyze problems, identify root-causes and make good decisions quickly
• Minimum of five years progressive experience as a Database Developer or DBA, including physical database design/implementation, ETL development, and report development. Experience must include support of DW/BI systems. Experience in healthcare services industry is preferred.
5 years experience directly supporting data warehousing and data integration solutions.
5 years experience with the Microsoft SQL Server stack; i.e., SQL Database Engine, Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS), Reporting Services (SSRS).
• Advanced experience with the T-SQL scripting/programming language, including the ability to develop, test, and debug complex ad-hoc queries, stored procedures, and data migration%.