Our client is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of thier games, including some of the most recognizable games in the history of the gaming industry. They have 249 million monthly active users across web, social and mobile platforms.
Making the World Playful is what inspires them to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes our client a place where everyone can dream bigger, continue to add innovation to games, broaden the portfolio and explore new territories in mid- core and casual. They take the art and science of gaming to the next level through the curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for their players – and they're not afraid to have fun along the way. There has never been a better time to join the team that is dreaming bigger and sees a world of possibilities ahead. If you share those same passions, values, and the hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Verticalmove, Inc. is the leading technology talent firm for Information Technology, Software Engineering and Executive professionals. We have an opportunity with a Fortune 10 client to be on the front lines of the fight against COVID-19 and to be a central figure in updating all technology, company-wide. This is a fast-paced office that the entire company relies on to continue as the #1 organization in their industry. This is a high-profile team with tons of growth opportunity that is highly visible to the entire technology organization. Come join this exciting team that is responsible for creating a modern technology environment at one of the most recognizable and historic companies in the world!
Verticalmove is proud to offer one of the best contingency-staff Benefits packages in the world:
- We pay 75% or your monthly Insurance deductible
- Accrued PTO (sick & vacation)
- 401k with a 4% match
As the SR DevOps Engineer, you will be a part of a team with a mission to build, innovate and maintain technology for running the live product service to the Game's players. This includes leading the configuration, maintenance and operation of the Cloud infrastructure running the live services, evaluating existing tech, developing new creative solutions for our build pipeline, defining and implementing development and release processes for the team, investigating problems and coaching your fellow team mates. You will work in collaboration with the game teams and enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative workplace where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your DevOps expertise.
You will work in a dynamic environment where work is driven by the requirements of the customers. Therefore you should be a fast learner with a positive attitude and a strong passion for working with new technology. You're excited about doing what's best for our players and adaptable enough to work on different things day to day based on their needs, and not scared to roll up your sleeves to support in any area that needs attending.
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
- This is a new product, building a Loyalty program for players. They will be building a completely new infrastructure, platform, & frontends for that product.
- This is a stand-alone product but interacts w games & the player base
- Everything will be run from Azure
*****Will be written in Terraform. Purely Terraform, nothing else.
- Architect efficient, reusable back- end systems and workflows to drive complex cloud services in Azure cloud infrastructure
- Taking the lead on architectural and development design patterns
- Release process, disaster recovery plan & execution and definition of work processes
- Improve team workflows via automation (Github, Slack, Azure CLI, notifications and alerts)
- Create scripts and tools for automation, configuration, and release management
- Evaluate and utilize the latest concepts, tools and technologies
- Create and maintain technical documentation covering your areas
- Leading and coach fellow team- mates on projects end2end
You have a great passion for DevOps engineering, new technologies, large scale systems and games. You’re an excellent communicator, happy dealing with people from different business units and with varying degrees of technical savviness. Therefore, you’re able to translate business needs to technical requirements and implementation.
- 3- 4+ years’ experience developing and maintaining Azure- based cloud platforms and workflows
- Experience with managing Azure App Services, Cosmos DBs, Azure Multi- region infrastructure and setting up backup/monitoring for said resources.
- 2+ years’ Designed, implemented and maintained Configuration Deployment pipeline using Terraform for Azure
- Designed, implemented build pipelines for CI/CD using Jenkins* Experience with development using NodeJS
Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience