We’re a well-funded stealth startup creating a cutting-edge enterprise platform for interactive customer and employee engagement. Looking for very creative, collaborative self-starters who want to rapidly experiment and then ship a reliable, easy-to-use system that creates a new product category. This is an innovator’s dream challenge that requires fusing the input of multiple audio/video/lidar sensors, reasoning over those data streams with faster-than-real-time AI systems, and then translating those outputs to hyper-realistic 3D interactive renderings using the Unreal or Unity game engines.
Offices in Puget Sound (Washington State) and Washington DC areas. Stock option package and bonus system, flexible work-from home hours, fun environment and most importantly, a culture that emphasizes personal growth with a focus on the character traits of Gratefulness, Graciousness and Generosity.
The personalities we are looking for include:
• A passion for system performance – in our world milliseconds count, so whether your expertise is hardware, software, network comms, big data, etc. we need people who thrive on finding the most efficient approach to a solution.
• A Maker Mentality – willingness to try novel approaches and put things together in unusual ways to achieve system goals.
We are looking for an AI/ML Scientist to join our new team and build state of the art technology in the areas of advanced computer graphics, AI/ML, and audio/video data processing.
The work will include participating in the development of our technology and our product; collaborating with our partners and integrating their software into our own system; evaluating open source and other libraries for possible inclusion in our system; and assist in the myriad of engineering tasks that a new company like ours needs to be successful.
As we are a small, fully remote, new team working on advanced technology, the candidate must have demonstrated strong skills and abilities in working independently, communicating effectively verbally and in writing, setting priorities, and managing multiple tasks. Above all, the candidate must be passionate and fearless in learning new skills and exploring new ideas.
Experience in at least one of the following areas is also required:
• Setting up ML Ops frameworks
• Audio processing, NLP, or sentiment analysis
• Generalizing and detecting patterns in heterogenous data streams
• Soft real-time systems
• Building GANs
• Performance optimization, e.g. GPU programming
• Digital media, including animation
• 5+ years of commercial experience building ML solutions, including model development, training, evaluation, and deployment
• Extensive experience developing models (using TensorFlow or PyTorch or similar), both from scratch and by building on existing models, as well as using transfer learning
• Experience in applying machine learning and other statistical techniques across multiple subject domains
• Solid experience with one or more of the following ML areas: computer vision (CNNs, including image segmentation and video processing), time series analysis and prediction (RNNs) or autoencoders
• Ability to perform literature searches, read and evaluate current technical papers, and present findings verbally and in writing
• Experience programming in Python
• Experience developing code under Linux