Innovative Opportunity with one of the World's most recognizable brands Working on all New Database Technologies & Products, Enterprise wide - Database Nerds w Postgres Experience Needed!!
Our Fortune 15 FinTech client is a 50k+ person company & this is the only group that selects all the DB technology across the entire company. The decisions coming out of this group affect the entire organization. They are the ultimate authority for what DB's are used. If anyone wants a new DB technology or product, this group must sign off on it. Ideal job for a DB nerd. People across the entire technology group will know these people's names.
This top-rated company in their industry known for providing the world's best customer service through products and services is looking for talented Database Engineers with Postgres experience in the Phoenix Area wanting to grow with a well established company! Since 1850, this company has worked to make a difference in their customers lives and the numbers show it:
• $6.9 billion in Net Income
• $40.3 billion in Revenue
• #16 in Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies
You will be leading and executing on the evolution of Postgres (and possibly Oracle and SQL Server) OLTP offerings. This group develops and maintains the Postgres architectural & deployment patterns and standards for OLTP databases across the company.
About the Team:
- This group develops the architectural patterns for how to deploy databases, company-wide. If an app team wants a database, they'll kind of know what kind to build, this team helps them decide.
- They're not the DB admin group, they're the testing & R&D group
- when new DB tech comes out, they have an R&D shop, & they'll consider the new product for DB tech. If the new technology is different or unique somehow, this team signs off on introducing the new technology, sign w the vendor, and run a pilot. They do these tests to setup patterns & instructions which they then send to the hosting team w instructions for how to set it up. The hosting team automates it. Then, when an app team asks for it, this team will host internal company events & talk about it. The DB admin group then creates the data model for usage. Another group runs support.
- This group is the one that determines what new tech to use
- Always keeps a pulse on new DB technology
Our client needs top technical talent to supplement its Database Engineering team. This team defines, designs, implements, tests and communicates the architectures, configurations, best practices and standards for optimal use of database technologies across the company, both on-prem and in the cloud. They evaluate new and upgraded database versions, features, components and extensions for performance, throughput, scalability, availability and security; partner with hosting, database administration, and operational support teams to operationalize and harden OLTP technology for top-tier financial applications.
This specific posting is for a SOFTWARE/INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER with experience in installing, configuring, patching, upgrading, deploying and running Postgres databases. The candidate will put these skills to use by evaluating and preparing new and upgraded Postgres-related offerings for use across the company, and by documenting, presenting and explaining the appropriate techniques, patterns and best practices for hosting, database administration and operational support teams.
The candidate will bring solid knowledge of DBMS concepts such as concurrency management, ACID, BASE and CAP. The ideal candidate will have experience with enterprise-scale Postgres deployments, including intra- and inter-data-center high availability configurations, failover and recovery operations, backup & restoration techniques, security mechanisms, health monitoring and alerting, and troubleshooting.
• Skill at the Unix command line
• The ability to write code or script, e.g. for test harnesses or other database-related tools and utilities
• Experience as a database administrator or a Unix system administrator
• Knowledge of virtualization and cloud infrastructures, and of implementations such as VMWare, OpenShift, Kubernetes and Docker
• Knowledge of AWS, Google Cloud, Azure or other public cloud offerings
• Knowledge of modern storage and compute technologies, including hyper-converged infrastructures