Our client is one the most recognized Insurance brands and one of the top personal lines property and casualty insurance groups in the U.S. They offer auto, homeowners and other personal lines of insurance to Company Members through their various clubs in 23 states and the District of Columbia.
We are actively hiring for a Sr. Manager UI/UX. Join us and support one of the largest National Insurance Groups, to achieve our goals together.
We are looking for motivated, innovative individuals, who think big and move fast with a passion for service excellence.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process.
You will lead a team of UX Designers, Writers and qualitative and mixed methods Researchers who work with cross-functional product teams as they plan, design, build, deploy, and refine Company products. You will collaborate with leadership to define the vision for the UX Research team and be responsible for balancing near-term delivery goals along with informing long-term strategy.
We're looking for someone who can build, drive, and execute on a vision for their team; developing and growing employees while also pushing the boundaries of design quality and process.
We're a team that moves quickly, upholds design quality, and values consistency and simplicity while staying focused on customer needs and outcomes. We work together and value "we" over "me". We believe in inclusion both within our team and in the way we build products and make that clear in the way we hire, design, and execute. We value growth and encourage, not just respect, our differences. We love what we do and build products that are used by hundreds of thousands of productive individuals and organizations around the world.
• Grow and develop a team of UX designers; set a high bar for excellence in product design
• Drive the creation and implementation of UX standards and best practices for Agile development teams across the company
• Work with agile leadership to ensure UX team quality and velocity meet team needs
• Partner with product management to work on feature prioritization, design and implementation
• Present designs to cross-functional stakeholders across the company, including the executive team
• Create high-quality design deliverables such as wireframes, user-flow diagrams, design comps, and interactive prototypes
• Drive on-time, satisfactory delivery of design team work by tracking other teams’ calendars, timelines, and team backlogs; removing obstacles to delivery, assisting with tactical issues, triaging bugs, scheduling reviews with stakeholders and leadership, and communicating product/team status
• Lead design thinking workshops as necessary
• Manage stakeholder relationships
• Plan & lead design projects as needed
• Quickly propose possible design solutions to UX issues
• Strong understanding of design system and component-based design
• Strong understanding of native mobile and responsive web platforms and designing UI solutions within them
• Work and communicate effectively with a diverse team of product owners, designers, design researchers, developers, and internal business partners & stakeholders
• Mentor other designers and lead by example in delivering excellent individual work
• Be an advocate for our employees and partners
• 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction design, product designer or similar role
• 5+ years experience managing UX design teams
• A design portfolio demonstrating a history of customer-centric design
• Experience leading full life cycle design projects, from research and discovery to execution
• Strong analytical skills; using qualitative and quantitative data to guide design decisions
• Collaborative, driven and passionate, yet focused on building long-term relationships
• Knowledgeable about accessibility guidelines and best practices
• Experience and understanding of Product Management and the agile process
• Be able to stand by your designs and provide solid rationale to back up your decision
• Cross-functional team leadership experience required with demonstrated results
• Experience in leading more than one global-scale project and project teams
• A strong practical point of view of User Experience
• An optimist, comfortable with ambiguity, passionate about helping shape the future for the best through constant improvement
• In the face of ambiguity, you have the confidence to make your own way
• Adept at turning ideas into action. Able to bring ambiguous ideas to life by creating actionable steps, mobilizing the team and carving out a clear path to delivery
• Experience partnering with cross-functional teams and stakeholders across the organization, understanding their priorities, constraints, and how UX informs their work streams
• Prefer an MBA or other advanced degree
• Prefer Financial services or relevant industry experience (some combination of Insurance or financial services)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Technology or Design field of study