Our client, one of the most iconic Domestic Airline carriers, is looking for exceptional people. People with experience. People with ambition. People who love life & traveling. They have one of the newest, most advanced fleets in the industry and have added exciting international and mainland routes. And they continue to grow. This is an airline that's going places—and you can, too.
"For more than 90 years, we have overcome difficult periods in our past, and the COVID-19 pandemic has only strengthened our belief that our people are our greatest asset. We remain committed to serving the travel needs of our guests and communities – and know that together we will successfully navigate through this new challenge. As we look to the future, we are recruiting passionate candidates to join our team in select roles as we adjust our business to be ready to Connect People with Vacation and once again share our travel with the world."
We are seeking a "Manager, IT – Information Protection & Compliance – Engineering " in Honolulu, HI
IT Management is responsible to maintain and enhance the overall company culture and the Information Technology department. They are responsible to communicate the business and technology strategies and tactics in an effective and consistent manner. Management is required to build and lead a team to achieve ambitious goals and to deliver honest and timely feedback to employees.
Managers are responsible for managing partnerships with other departments, business partners, and vendors to maximize the delivery of services, while containing overall costs and managing the department’s resources effectively.
Manage, develop, and optimize contributions of Information Protection Team members to better deliver and maintain security solutions that address the changing landscape of security threats to the company.
- Cascade corporate and IT department’s goals by setting short-term direction and annual goals for the Information Protection Engineering Team and communicate the goals to team members, customers, and stakeholders as required
- Cultivate, support, and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity, teamwork, continuous learning, continuous feedback, and work-life balance
- Build and lead a team of employees, contractors and vendors in achieving ambitious goals, providing regular feedback and driving continuous improvement
- Oversee the deployment, integration, configuration, and administration of all new security solutions owned by Information Protection and any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with security standards
- Drive the implementation of functionally appropriate, technically sound and integrated technical solutions and ensure the quality, consistency and integrity of IT’s execution and supporting documentation
- Manage vendor resources as assigned
- Partner & collaborate with teams across the entire organization and manage to a continued focus on customer needs and requirements and effective customer communication
- Participate and share in cross-departmental leadership responsibilities including strategy, tactics, goal setting, staff selection & workforce management, budgeting and operational excellence
- Support effective stewardship of the company’s resources by following financial controls processes, producing accurate forecasts, managing budgets and monitoring the overall productivity of the functions managed
- Understand, adhere to and provide feedback upon Information Protection Policy & Standards, Enterprise Architecture Strategy & Standards
- Formally coach and develop junior Engineering team members
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry, including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes, and new attacks and threat vectors
- Work closely with the IT department on corporate technology development to ensure Information Protection toolsets are deployed in support of secure information, computer, network, database, application, and processing systems
- Provide 24/7 on-call support as needed
- Manage the creation and maintenance of up-to-date security baselines for the secure configuration of all operating systems, network devices and key applications (web servers, domain controllers, databases, etc.).
- Extend, maintain, and support the encryption and certificate management processes, procedures, and technologies.
- Manage, create and support infrastructure threat & vulnerability management processes, procedures, and technologies. Identify, report upon, and track vulnerabilities to assist remediation or risk acceptance processes
- Other duties as assigned
- 7 years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: security engineering, threat and vulnerability management, threat intelligence, digital forensics, security monitoring and incident response, and/or encryption management, including four years of experience in a management or team leader or project leader capacity
- LINUX OS command line experience
- Scripting and programming experience (Powershell, Python, etc.)
- Proficiency in information security domains, including policies and standards, risk and control assessments, access controls, regulatory compliance, technology resiliency, risk and control governance and metrics, incident management, secure systems development lifecycle, vulnerability management, and data protection
- Demonstrated experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, Firewall, Packet Capture), and other artifacts in support of incident investigations or system troubleshooting
- 5 years of work experience in one or more of the following areas: security engineering, threat and vulnerability management, threat intelligence, digital forensics, security monitoring and incident response, and/or encryption management, including two years of experience in a management or team leader or project leader capacity
- Demonstrated success at managing medium-sized initiatives, projects and/or change efforts
Currently hold at least two security certifications (e.g.- CISSP, CEH, CISM, CISA, SANS GIAC, Microsoft, Cisco, et. al.)