You’re the definition of a true technologist. You use words like INVENT, INNOVATE and DISRUPT. You get excited not about today’s technology, but the future of Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Robotics and Applied Sciences. Verticalmove is responsible for building what could be the coolest innovation lab in Seattle, perhaps in the entire United States. Founded and financed by a Fortune 100 brand that produces more than $50.0 billion in revenue, and produces $5.0 billion in annual profit, there is no shortage of funding.
Do you thrive on new and exciting digital technology? Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of an enormous digital evolution and large-scale transformation? As a Sr. Manager Software Engineering, Marketing Technology in the Lowe’s Technology organization, you will be collaborating with marketing, product management, technology, and user experience teams to create world-class experiences.
This includes providing oversight of the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions to ensure the successful deployment of released applications. This individual also provides insight and recommendations to inform the roadmap and overall health and care of the larger portfolio.
This is a leader of people who clear obstacles for his/her team while empowering and enabling others to solve complex technical and business problems. To be successful, the individual in this role must bring a strong combination of business and technical acumen and be able to provide solutions that balance the unique needs of both the business and technology.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
• Experience with digital marketing, analytics, and customer loyalty programs (B2B and B2C).
• Ability to think strategically about technology issues while managing intake requests from various enterprise stakeholders.
• Experience in coordinating across multi-geography teams.
• Solid understanding of the retail industry and customer expectations.
• Prior experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and/or Google Marketing Platform (Ads, Search 360, Campaign Manager, etc.).
• Experience with integration for social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.).
• Understanding the end-to-end Marketing planning process along with supporting tools and technology solutions.
• Resolves complex problems spanning multiple applications to drive improvements across portfolios; leads projects with significant business implications, participates in planning and priority estimates, and advises Software Engineers; executes with limited guidance.
• Leads development of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions to ensure specifications are flexible, scalable, and maintainable and meet architectural standards.
• Educates others on current architectural standards and guidelines to drive efficiency when leading the design efforts of complex business and enterprise software solutions.
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) for large, complex, cross-functional application initiatives by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage.
• Mentors and advises others in all software development lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls.
• Communicates changes in software architecture and coaches others to apply this understanding to software solutions; resolves escalated issues.
• Leads efforts to improve engineering, test, and operational excellence best practices.
• Solves complex cross-functional architecture/design and business problems; solutions are extensible; works to simplify, optimize, remove bottlenecks, etc.
• Mentors and advises others, sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls.
• 8+ years diversified information technology experience including 5+ years of Software Engineering experience.
• Solid understanding of Marketing and E-Commerce Technologies.
• 4 years of experience in software engineering or related field.
• 5 years working on a project(s) involving the implementation of software development life cycles (SDLC).
• 3 years of experience leading project or technical teams with or without formal direct report responsibility; this includes experience providing technical direction, thought leadership, coaching, and mentoring to team members.
• Experience working with product teams in an Agile environment.
• Must be able to lead and mentor and develop new team members.
• Must have experience in a collaborative, multi-disciplined, global team environment.
• Must have strong technical, analytical, interpersonal communication and writing skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills.
• Can facilitate conversations with leaders across Business and Technology to drive marketing technology initiatives.
• You have a proven track record of a "Can-Do" attitude and are results orientated.
• You have experience in agile methodologies and managing/prioritizing backlogs of work.
• You can be a digital marketing subject matter expert and have a strategic influence on the product, business, and engineering organizations.
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field.
• 3 years of leadership experience with direct report responsibility.