Our client is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Their product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
We're looking for an experienced Applications Engineer to support and grow the HMID business in the region. The engineer will work on touch and gesture solutions. The job requires co-work with other HMID Application Engineering teams world-wide, as the projects are mostly multi-regional.
• Take a leading role in direct customer support.
• Developing and driving best practice for MaXTouch and GestIC system design-in’s in this region.
• Provide expert Touch sensing know-how and for Customer projects as required.
• Be a hands-on expert in solving touch performance and host integration issues.
• System-level integration, characterization, and validation of touch screen systems.
• Failure mode analysis, root cause diagnosis, and system-level problem-solving.
• Facilitate Schematic/PCB layout, modification and prototype construction of Customer projects as required – taking the lead where needed.
• Actively co-work with the other Applications team world-wide, including the San Jose team, the European teams, and the Asian teams.
• Actively work and support with the local FAE and Sales teams.
• Proactively translating customer requirements (current and future) back into the design and marketing teams to allow effective decision making.
• Tracking and reporting weekly on the overall execution of customer deliverables and commitments that are key to customers and partners.
• Developing customer presentations & business proposals, as well as white papers, technical presentations, internal support notes, errata material to support field.
• Establishing & maintaining strong working relationships with internal R&D, Operations, Marketing, Sales, Customers, and strategic partners.
• Develop & maintain a thorough knowledge of Microchip products, their application and competitor positioning.
• Ensure that any projects undertaken are properly documented, from the initial ‘definition & deliverables’ stage, through to completion, hand-over, and closure.
• Multi-cultural management experience will be needed and occasional international travel.
• Prefer about 8 to 10 years of industry experience in design and/or applications engineering, direct customer support - preferably in touch screen and displays technologies
• Expertise in embedded systems, hardware/system-level debugging and compliance testing
• Prior Automotive and Industrial experience is a plus
• Experience in firmware/ low -level driver development and QNX/Linux/Android operating systems is a plus
BS/MS - Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Comp Sci.