You’re the definition of a true technologist. You use words like INVENT, INNOVATE and DISRUPT. You get excited not about today’s technology, but the future of Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Robotics and Applied Sciences. Verticalmove is responsible for building what could be the coolest innovation lab in Seattle, perhaps in the entire United States. Founded and financed by a Fortune 100 brand that produces more than $50.0 billion in revenue, and produces $5.0 billion in annual profit, there is no shortage of funding.
Do you thrive on new and exciting digital technology? Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of an enormous digital evolution and large-scale transformation? As a Sr. Manager Software Engineering, Marketing Technology in the Lowe’s Technology organization, you will be collaborating with marketing, product management, technology, and user experience teams to create world-class experiences.
This includes providing oversight of the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions to ensure the successful deployment of released applications. This individual also provides insight and recommendations to inform the roadmap and overall health and care of the larger portfolio.
This is a leader of people who clear obstacles for his/her team while empowering and enabling others to solve complex technical and business problems. To be successful, the individual in this role must bring a strong combination of business and technical acumen and be able to provide solutions that balance the unique needs of both the business and technology.
Lowe’s Innovation Labs is what’s next for home improvement retail. With a focus on emerging technologies – ranging from 3D visualization to mixed reality to robotics to things we can’t talk about right now – our team accelerates the experiences that customers expect today and develops the capabilities that power tomorrow.
The Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for:
• Provide architectural solutions
• Manage GCP infrastructure (Cloud run, GCS, Cloud SQL, Secret manager etc.)
• Work with enterprise teams to transition labs projects to other infrastructures.
• Work with security, networking teams to meet enterprise requirements.
• Develop and maintain existing cloud automation framework (in terraform)
If you are excited about Kubernetes, Google Cloud, Cloud-native, automation, and infrastructure as code, you will enjoy working here.
• Manage cloud services and resources (GCP).
• Manage on-prem Kubernetes clusters.
• Automate and manage infrastructure with Terraform and GitHub Actions.
• Migrate current infrastructure with Cloud native solutions.
• Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
• Collaborate with team members to improve engineering tools, systems and security.
• Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
• Setup, configure and monitor system and application alerts and health.
• Mobile device management in a Hybrid corporate and BYOD environment.
• The Infrastructure Engineer must have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a willingness to learn and apply new technology. They must possess superior technical aptitude and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. Additionally, they must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability. Previous experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy required. This position requires domestic travel quarterly.
• 8+ years of experience in an IT environment with technical experience in distributed technologies and systems development.
• 3+ years of experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
• Extensive experience managing Google Cloud and familiar with GCP services such as GCS, Composer, GKE etc.
• Familiar with Git.
• Experienced with cloud services GCP.
• Automation framework such as Terraform (or Ansible, Chef).
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field.