Our client powers the world’s largest, most advanced virtual health programs by designing and manufacturing integrated software and hardware telemedicine solutions that support a patient at any point in the continuum of care.
Providers are enabled with data capturing tools to deliver evidence-based treatment and improve patient outcomes while lowering costs. Providers looking for their own technology to manage capacity, save money, and deliver responsible medicine, will get all they need from one platform. Recognizing the importance of trust and consistency in healthcare, they also offer white-label versions of their systems so that providers can self-brand their virtual care offerings to strengthen the patient relationship with their organization.
With over 40 million consults delivered in over 60 countries and specializing in both federal and commercial spaces, the virtual health platform deploys in its highly secure Azure environment and is used worldwide from the Department of Veteran Affairs and White House Medical Unit to rural hospitals and villages in Africa. Founded in 2002 by a Marine Corps Reserve Veteran still serving as CEO, our client is proud to be Veteran-Owned.
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is a member of the product development team who analyzes the business domain, documents its process and systems, outlines business requirements and matches a software business model with software being built. The BSA bridges the gap between stakeholders and the development team, interpreting business requirements into understanding development tasks to match a final software product with the expected business value.
• Translates conceptual requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
• Creates process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
• Develops and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
• Assists with the interpretation of customer requirements into feasible options and communicating these back to the business stakeholders.
• Manages and tracks the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
• Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements — verbally or through written documentation — to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
• Elicits, analyzes, specifies, and validates the business needs of both internal and external stakeholders.
• Collaborates with project sponsors to determine project scope and vision.
• Clearly identifies project stakeholders and establish customer classes, as well as their characteristics.
• Conducts interviews to gather requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
• Identifies and establishes scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
• Works with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
• Researches, reviews, and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
• Assists Product Management team in conducting research on products to meet agreed upon requirements and to support purchasing efforts.
• Participates in the QA of purchased solutions to ensure features and functions have been enabled and optimized.
• Analyzes and verifies requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
• Develops and utilizes standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
• Provides guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members.
Skills & Competencies:
• Understanding of business analysis principles, processes, and techniques.
• Ability to develop and prepare use cases, functional specifications, and technical requirements.
• Ability to understand and represent the needs of the end user in a software development environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to translate complex ideas into simple language for non-technicians.
• Solid technical background and skilled at developing releases for upgrades, troubleshooting and implementation of new software programs.
• Keen leadership and project management skills, ability to drive projects from inception to completion.
• Able to exercise independent judgment and act on it.
• Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite
• Demonstrated leadership
• 5-7 years of related experience.
• Experience with Business Analysis Process (SDLC, documentation procedures).
• Proficient in workflow software like Visio or equivalent.
• Experience facilitating and running JAD requirements design sessions.
• Experience with Agile Methodology including Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), desired.
• Bachelor's Degree in business, computer science or IT related field.
• Master’s Degree in business or related field preferred.