Our client powers the world’s largest, most advanced virtual health programs by designing and manufacturing integrated software and hardware telemedicine solutions that support a patient at any point in the continuum of care.
Providers are enabled with data capturing tools to deliver evidence-based treatment and improve patient outcomes while lowering costs. Providers looking for their own technology to manage capacity, save money, and deliver responsible medicine, will get all they need from one platform. Recognizing the importance of trust and consistency in healthcare, they also offer white-label versions of their systems so that providers can self-brand their virtual care offerings to strengthen the patient relationship with their organization.
With over 40 million consults delivered in over 60 countries and specializing in both federal and commercial spaces, the virtual health platform deploys in its highly secure Azure environment and is used worldwide from the Department of Veteran Affairs and White House Medical Unit to rural hospitals and villages in Africa. Founded in 2002 by a Marine Corps Reserve Veteran still serving as CEO, our client is proud to be Veteran-Owned.
The Senior DevOps Engineer works with application developers to automate and accelerate the testing, release and deployment of applications into a runtime environment quickly and reliably. They will be providing continuous delivery solutions in a cloud environment and have experience with the core suite of tools used to manage different cloud providers. They will employ industry Continuous Delivery patterns and collaboratively work with other members to achieve successful continuous delivery solutions.
• Oversee the daily operation, maintenance and optimization of legacy and modern distributed applications on cloud-based platforms.
• Automate and maintain application deployments on cloud-based platforms.
• Develop all infrastructure as code (IaC) artifacts in Azure DevOps, with specific focus on Kubernetes.
• Design and Create CI/CD pipelines for automated deployments, in a cloud platform or Jenkins pipelines.
• Plan, research, design and model robust security posture using cloud-native container platforms hosted on traditional data centers and on cloud providers such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.
• Assist in the development of security engineering requirements, procedures, and policies for on-prem, cloud/container-based system.
• Monitor production of applications.
• Escalate application issues and defects to resolve production issues.
• Support system interruptions and ticket resolutions in customer required timeframes
• Responsible for the review and risk assessment of Change Requests.
• Communication of any issues, problems, or risks to leadership with recommended solutions.
• Knowledge of DevOps practices; Kubernetes; Cloud Orchestration; Automation tool set.
• Familiarity with a broad portfolio of AWS infrastructure tools (EBS, S3, EC2, Elastic IP, Route 53, VPC) and experience with cloud infrastructure management and automation technologies (Chef, Puppet).
• Scripting (shell, python, ruby) skills for monitoring and automation.
• Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Hudson, etc.
• Ability to assess the requirements and environment and suggest right tools / technologies.
• Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes.
• Strong understanding of application development methodologies.
• Demonstrated success using modern DevOps methods and tools including automated testing tools and monitoring tools.
• Experience in designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines in a cloud environment.
• Demonstrated ability to drive frequent release cycles (daily/weekly).
• Able to exercise independent judgment and act on it.
• Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
• Demonstrated leadership.
• 5-10 years of experience spanning at least two IT disciplines, including technical architecture, application development or operations.
• 3+ years’ experience in creating, administering and maintaining cloud resources.
• Expertise running a 24x7x365 Software based System for at least 6 months.
• Strong hands-on expertise in diverse DevSecOps concepts / tools, especially on Azure DevOps, Pipelines, GitHub, GitHub actions.
• Strong understanding of Immutable Infrastructure principles, and hands-on experience maintaining Infrastructure as Code, in a cloud environment.
• Legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
• Bachelor's Degree in business, computer science or IT related field.
• Master’s Degree in business or related field preferred.