Our client powers the world’s largest, most advanced virtual health programs by designing and manufacturing integrated software and hardware telemedicine solutions that support a patient at any point in the continuum of care.
Providers are enabled with data capturing tools to deliver evidence-based treatment and improve patient outcomes while lowering costs. Providers looking for their own technology to manage capacity, save money, and deliver responsible medicine, will get all they need from one platform. Recognizing the importance of trust and consistency in healthcare, they also offer white-label versions of their systems so that providers can self-brand their virtual care offerings to strengthen the patient relationship with their organization.
With over 40 million consults delivered in over 60 countries and specializing in both federal and commercial spaces, the virtual health platform deploys in its highly secure Azure environment and is used worldwide from the Department of Veteran Affairs and White House Medical Unit to rural hospitals and villages in Africa. Founded in 2002 by a Marine Corps Reserve Veteran still serving as CEO, our client is proud to be Veteran-Owned.
The role of Senior Developer is about much more than writing code. Of course at this point in your career you are exhaustively versed in fundamentals of OOP and design patterns and principles, you wouldn’t dream of writing code that isn’t covered by a unit test, and you know exactly when to employ a closure. But the role of Senior Developer is a leadership position, and your contribution to the codebase will be augmented by your love of and willingness to mentor other team members and your ability to analyze problems and contextualize tradeoffs to produce the solution that brings the most value to the business. The primary role of the Senior Developer is to help their team become better by serving as an example and be the ‘go to’ resource on any team they’re a part of.
• Take ownership of the codebase of a product or suite of products
• Work collaboratively with Principal Architect, Business Analyst, and Project Manager to design, maintain, and improve the application(s) you’ve taken ownership of
• Write unit tests for all new and some legacy code
• Comprehend and adhere to best practices as codified in department and corporate documentation
• Mentor and review the work of junior developers
• Analysis and design of web, cloud, and integration applications or refactoring existing code
• Be an active member of agile scrum team providing leadership and input into technical specifications, user stories, and executing assigned tasks
• Expected to function at a high programming level with responsibility and accountability for meeting plans and schedules which may occasionally require off-hours support.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Strong experience in C#, .NET Framework, .NET Core and Web API development.
• Experience in planning, designing, and developing cloud-based applications.
• Strong experience with network communications and transport layer protocols.
• Good grasp of programming fundamentals (SOLID and DRY principles, foundations of OOP, language-agnostic design patterns, algorithm efficiency, Inversion of Control, etc.).
• Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university in Computer Science, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.