My path to being a Technical Recruiter started when I was a Sales Rep selling Telecom services back in 1996. One of my calls was to a small recruiting firm in Foster City, which ended up recruiting me and my life has been recruiting focused since.
While the mechanics of a job search are very basic, its the intricate details that can muddle things up. That's where my experience comes in. One thing I will never do is to send your resume to a client without finding out if you are interested in the opportunity.
I am also a firm believer that if I treat my candidates and clients with respect and professionalism, they will be relationships for life. This is important, as the key to being a successful recruiter is the ability to have candidates feel comfortable about giving their friends as referrals.
Founded in 1999 and profitable since 2006, This global company's software solution allows its clients to Target Advertising, Analyze Web Traffic, Prevent Fraud, Localize Content, Comply with local & government regulations & Control the use of Digital Media to specific audiences. Given current economic conditions, being able to keep track of expenses that generate the most revenue or solve the most urgent issues is highly regarded and our client can provide this with its solutions. In essence, the use data that can be packaged and utilized to solve a myriad of company issues. Their Intellectual Property, which the solution is based on includes 6 patents and 9 patents pending. They are poised to grow to the next level and are looking for top notch talent to take them there. With a customer base that includes Continental Airlines, Dice, Expedia, FairIsaac, Hotels.com, HP, Monster, Webex, Orbitz, Sega, RockYou, BBC Media, Bell, MLB Media, ShopNBC and others they are ready to take the next step.
Our client is looking for a Sr Research Engineer who will play a key role both in developing new technology and in providing engineering for our IP Product Solution and Internet Intelligence technology.
This position requires solid software engineering experience, strong data analysis skills, and past application development utilizing techniques of artificial intelligence or machine learning.
- Serve as a key contributor and project lead for the collaborative design and implementation efforts of the Research team to improve and expand upon IP and Internet Intelligence technologies.
- Maintain and enhance existing software systems, products a
- Experience performing advanced research in a relevant field of computer science/engineering, such as artificial intelligence, machine learning (classifiers, clustering, etc.), cognitive science, , applied statistics, data mining, networking, etc.
- Proven ability as a project leader to plan, execute and exceed software development goals. Aptitude for leading and collaborating with other engineers and data analysts.
- Knowledge of the Java Spring framework, Eclipse, and Java unit testing.
- Knowledge of Oracle, PL/SQL, and database administration tools.
- Knowledge of JESS or other similar rule-based frameworks.
- Experience with data analysis, dialects of S (including S-Plus or R), Matlab, Weka, data mining, or database reporting tools.
- Experience with distributed application architectures and tools including Hadoop and MapReduce.
- Knowledge of IP networking fundamentals, network architectures, protocols, service providers and conventions.
- Basic UI design skills, Swing knowledge, and/or web application development experience and the ability to work closely with users.
- MS or PhD in CS, EE, or a related field with 10+ years of related experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience in applied artificial intelligence applications or complex systems in an academic research and/or commercial
- Masters degree or PhD in CS, EE, or a related field with 10+ years of related experience required.