Verticalmove is excited and proud to be assembling the team for the first major private cloud initiative for one of the world's largest financial services companies ($50 billion plus). This is a chance to join a true start-up initiative within an established company that's a household name.
The Cloud DevOps Engineers we hire will be key contributors to a handpicked start-up engineering team here in Silicon Valley which will deliver an all new auto-scale, hybrid cloud enterprise application platform. (PaaS) This is one the organizations highest priorities for their mission critical Digital Transformation initiative. The platform will deliver a robust framework to support multiple programming languages (Java, Node.js, Python, Scala and Fuse, Ruby/Rails) for enterprise and consumer mobile and web application developers. It will enable building, provisioning and administrating multi-tenant, applications throughout the life cycle, from development, test and into actual production.
- You will own all technical aspects of platform configuration and its automation
- You will performs hands-on architecture, design and the development of multi-tenant provisioning systems
- You will function as Senior contributor of an agile team and will help drive consistent operational practices
- You will also develop a deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms
- You will writes code and unit tests, work on API specs, automation, and additionally conduct code reviews and testing
- You will be tasked with identifying opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- You will provide continuous support for ongoing application availability
- You'll work closely with product owners on feature sets that will impact multiple platforms and products
- You'll work with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and also manage a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, deficiencies and issues
- 6 plus years of Linux administration, preferably RedHat or CentOS and additionally their virtualization
- 3 plus years of configuration management, preferably Puppet, Salt, Chef, or Ansible.
- Strong familiarity with TCP/IP protocols and managing of web applications
- Professional experience with distributed systems and their ability to scale.
- Professional experience pertaining to Security and threat detection tools
- Professional experience with hosted monitoring solutions like or similar to Sensu or Dynatrace.
- Professional experience with Docker and/or Vagrant.
- Possess the ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and then to articulate solutions.
- Possess the ability to think abstractly and deal with problems.
- Possess the ability to enable business capabilities through thought and innovation.
- We'd like someone who can proactively look beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
We'd like to see a demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies. Taking pride in how fast you develop working software is a big plus.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is highly preferred