Nice to meet you! I'm often regarded as one of the geekiest Recruiters in the industry and I couldn't be more proud to be honest. I've loved computers since my Texas Instruments TI-99/4A in 1981, followed by a Laser 128, which was an Apple II clone manufactured by Vtech. I introduced Apple Logo (think similar to Lisp) to my Elementary School and helped teach after school classes on the Apple II.
Fast forward three-decades later, I'm still playing with code, deploying systems on AWS EC2/S3 and for the past 16+ years have built some of the most prestigious enterprise and consumer software companies in the world.
You can expect that I will never spam your resume anywhere. I'm incredibly technical and have a deep understanding the technology and trends that make our industry go around. I'm a wealth of opportunities that you wouldn't likely find elsewhere as the best roles are rarely advertised.
We are a leading search (headhunting) firm that represents some of the biggest and most respected high-technology companies in the world, larger customers that include Salesforce, Uber, Century Link Cloud and smaller tier-one VC firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, Ignition Partners and Draper Fisher. In short we seek-out and identify the best possible talent that make these and other companies such a huge successes.
** Our Recruiters focused upon FTE recruiting run full-desks (as opposed to split desks), which diversifies your income potential significantly by collecting on both sides of the deal.
** Our Recruiters focus on roles from IC (individual contributor) all the way to Vice President level. In 2014 we completed numerous executive searches in Sales, Professional Services and Engineering.
** Our Recruiters are given the opportunity to choose geography. There are those of us that recruit in multiple locations that include Seattle, Silicon Valley and New York. Go where the excitement is.
** Our Recruiters have access to the best tools, including Automated Sourcing, Digital Marketing, LinkedIn Recruiter (with a significant pool of Inmails), dedicated Sourcers and Administrative staff leveraging Connectifier and other services 24/7.
** Our Recruiters leverage our proprietary platform that allows them to work from anywhere in the world via simple iOS and Android apps. We're NOT talking about Bullhorn, Sendouts or Maxhire, but rather a proprietary system that can perform analysis on engagement, behavior and score the likelihood that a candidate is actively looking -- we call this *Just-In-Time-Recruiting*.
High-tech is hot. Its one of the few industries or segments that isnt adversely affected by cyclical economic downturns and is expanding globally with US dominance. Don't take our word for it:
Verticalmove, Inc. is immediately searching for Professionals with Sales and Marketing experience to join its team located in Kirkland, WA. We are looking for ambitious individuals who are excited about *getting their foot in the door* at a respected and fast growing company such as Verticalmove. Individuals who have a curiosity of how companies are run and the desire to be part of how they are built. Someone who is a very polished public speaker, relentless and not easily intimidated by *NO!* If you buy-into the theory that with each *NO!* you are one-step closer to *Yes!* then this is probably the right opportunity for you.
(You should know that this particular group that we are hiring for is considered to be our breeding-ground from where we find our best employees; this is the group where the promotions happen!)
* In this position you will develop and refine valuable skills pertaining to business-to-business prospecting and marketing while using Social Media and tools such as CRM/SFA.
* Source and prescreening the best candidates in the industry candidates.
* Managing the entire interview process from sourcing to hiring, this is a full lifecycle position.
* Interfacing with applicants and coordinating interviews with our Principals and/or Directors.
* Research current Recruiting Best Practices, methods and processes to proactively recommend process changes.
* Learn how to develop and execute your own marketing strategies based upon existing leads and data, while learn
** Technical Recruiting is a huge plus, but not required. We have outstanding technical training experience.
** Experience selling services, such as staffing, is a huge plus but not required.
* Must understand the differences between a relationship-driven business and a transactional business - we're a relationship-driven business.
* Must exhibit a strong work ethic at all times. No entitlement mentality here. You must be willing to work as long and hard as necessary to achieve your goals and excellence.
* Relentless self-starter who requires little management or oversight. Someone who is autonomous, picks things up quickly and demonstrates a high-level of common sense and problem solving abilities.
* Competitive. The desire to be #1 but the maturity and professionalism to handle being #2 when it happens.
* College degree preferred but not required. Being curious, smart and ambitious/driven is an acceptable alternative to having a College degree.