Nice to meet you! I'm often regarded as one of the geekiest Recruiters in the industry and I couldn't be more proud to be honest. I've loved computers since my Texas Instruments TI-99/4A in 1981, followed by a Laser 128, which was an Apple II clone manufactured by Vtech. I introduced Apple Logo (think similar to Lisp) to my Elementary School and helped teach after school classes on the Apple II.
Fast forward three-decades later, I'm still playing with code, deploying systems on AWS EC2/S3 and for the past 16+ years have built some of the most prestigious enterprise and consumer software companies in the world.
You can expect that I will never spam your resume anywhere. I'm incredibly technical and have a deep understanding the technology and trends that make our industry go around. I'm a wealth of opportunities that you wouldn't likely find elsewhere as the best roles are rarely advertised.
• Building v1 greenfield solutions that have established our company as the leading Data Warehouse as a Service, Advanced Analytics as a Service, and Data Lake as a Service provider in the world. We’ve assembled a leading team of technologists that leverage technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere, AWS/OpenStack, HashiCorp tools (Vagrant, Packer), Ansible etc in one of the largest deployments in the world.
• We’re building the worlds most scalable database and analytics infrastructure in the world. Purpose built for both Public and Private Cloud deployments, and based upon a massively parallel architecture that has endless elasticity. In fact, our largest deployment sits within the https://www.supernap.com located in Las Vegas and has a footprint the equivalent of an entire football field.
• Truly innovative technology infrastructure company, building the most cutting-edge Big Data technology. Filed 397 patents in the last 9 years, which amounts to one new patent weekly. In the last 2 years we’ve replaced competitor infrastructure (Oracle, AWS, IBM and Netezza) within over 100 companies, and these are significant global deployments.
• In terms of scale, we have production deployments that are more than 50 petabytes in size for some of the largest Fortune 100 companies in the world. We have one such customer that generates more than 20 terabytes of data per hour. Here are some of our customers – Ebay, Wells Fargo, Ford, Cisco, Volvo, Boeing and Comcast:
- 19 of 20 telecommunications companies.
- 14 of 20 top global retailers, customers with more than 10 petabyte deployments.
- 18 of 20 top financial institutions.
- 06 of 06 top airline transportation companies.
• Incredibly stable and profitable with a global presence with more than 40 offices throughout the globe.
Interested? Please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
• You must be able to design, develop, document and implement software leveraging agile and CI/CD methodologies.
• Comfortable in a team environment that is highly collaborative and places strong emphasis on peer review.
• You are able to engineer applications and web services that can run in the cloud, on premise or in hybrid environments.
• You have a strong passion for developing incredibly simple yet highly functional interfaces.
• You have experience with infrastructure virtualization technology including Mesos and Kubernetes.
• You have experience with container based technology, specifically Docker.
• You must have experience with SQL and NoSQL technologies and can leverage them to develop new products / solutions.
• You are knowledgeable with open source tools and technologies and can use / extend them where appropriate to develop solutions.
• Agile (Scrum, Kanban, Lean) and Test Driven Development
• Building SOA based systems a must.
• Building and/or leveraging distributed systems.
• Big Data – Hadoop (HDFS, YARN) and Kafka experience a plus.
• RDBMS (MySQL, PosgreSQL, etc,) and SQL.
• RESTful API development.
• Public Cloud – AWS, Private Cloud – Openstack, VMWare.
• Containerization technology – Docker.
• Virtualizaiton software - Mesos.
• Building and leveraging CI/CD pipelines.
• Build tools – Gradle, Maven, make.
• Continuous Integration solutions such as Jenkins, TeamCity or Bamboo.
• CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Travis CI.
- Basic Requirements for Position:
• Eight plus years of professional software development experience.
• Experience with AWS or other cloud-based development.
• Experience developing distributed systems and cloud services.
• Knowledge of SOAP, REST, Web services.
• Cloud-based implementation experience to ensure that systems are scalable, reliable, secure, supportable.
• CI & CD experience.
• Experience with automated deployments and source code / configuration management tools - GitHub, VSTS, AWS OpsWorks, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, etc.