We are building the brand new hybrid cloud infrastructure for one of the hottest consumer products companies in the world. This complex infrastructure will support 100's of millions of connected devices from the world's most popular gaming console, phones, portable gaming devices, TV's and BluRay players used by 100's of millions of unique users globally every day. This role will support both our current and nextGen platform.
Comprehensive relocation packages and immigration support are available.
We are currently looking for a Hadoop Administrator to integrate with our Data Analytics and Services (DAS) team. We are looking for a highly energetic Administrator with proven experience to support our Data Warehouse solution and administer/support several Cloudera Hadoop Clusters on Amazon Web Service.
- Administration, installing, upgrading and managing distributions of Hadoop (CDH5, Cloudera manager), Hive, Hbase
- Advanced knowledge in performance troubleshooting and tuning Hadoop clusters.
- Participate in development / implementation of Cloudera Hadoop environment.
- Plan and execute on system upgrades for existing Hadoop clusters.
- Work closely with an offshore team.
- Experience in the Big Data Space working with very large datasets.
- Work closely with scientists and big data modelers.
- Work with developers to create best practices and to offer advice.
- Plan and execute system updates.
- Ensure technical documentation is maintained
- 5 or more years of working experience in a mission critical environment where every minute of every day is important.
- Experience with Java, Perl, Python, Ruby or any other scripting languages for the purpose of automating system administration tasks.
- 2 or more years of experience managing multiple node cluster.
- 5 or more years professional experience as an administrator with data technologies, relational and non-relation data store solutions including or similar to Hadoop, MySQL, Cassandra, Mongo DB RDS or NoSQL databases.
- Must have experience with monitoring platforms and using tools like Nagios/Wily, Console and also Splunk for data reports.
- Superb oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, have an internal motivational drive, and not afraid to take initiative.