Nice to meet you! I'm often regarded as one of the geekiest Recruiters in the industry and I couldn't be more proud to be honest. I've loved computers since my Texas Instruments TI-99/4A in 1981, followed by a Laser 128, which was an Apple II clone manufactured by Vtech. I introduced Apple Logo (think similar to Lisp) to my Elementary School and helped teach after school classes on the Apple II.
Fast forward three-decades later, I'm still playing with code, deploying systems on AWS EC2/S3 and for the past 16+ years have built some of the most prestigious enterprise and consumer software companies in the world.
You can expect that I will never spam your resume anywhere. I'm incredibly technical and have a deep understanding the technology and trends that make our industry go around. I'm a wealth of opportunities that you wouldn't likely find elsewhere as the best roles are rarely advertised.
Financials: Publicly Traded on the NYSE. Profitable [Positive EBITDA $48M], $250M+ in annual revenues, 39.9% Qtrly Revenue Growth (YoY). Wall Street was expecting $.21 per share for Q4/2015 earnings and instead they delivered $.44 per share and their stock set a new 52 week trading average.
Employees: More than 2,000 Globally, with aprox 400 in Engineering.
Industry: Financial Enterprise Software [SaaS & PaaS], think similar to Salesforce.com and their Force.com platform as a service.
[Tell Me More About The Position]
Our client has begun a major modernization of their entire technical existence – building from the ground-up a new v1 IaaS [building a Hybrid Cloud using both AWS and Openstack], PaaS [the company wants to build a world leading platform as a service similar to Force.com from Salesforce], and finally SaaS [building single–page financial applications that are simple and intuitive].
In order to make this initiative successful, they’re building a brand-new engineering team in FY16 that is called Next-Gen, which will sit parallel to their existing Current-Gen engineering team. The Current-Gen team is sustaining their existing legacy products producing $250M annually in revenues. This new Next-Gen team is growing quickly with talent from Intuit, Yahoo, Netflix, SAP and other leading enterprise software companies.
[Tell Me Who The Company Is]
Before we begin, please understand that what the company is NOW, doesn’t reflect what the company is aiming to become in 24-36 months. Similarly to Salesforce.com, our client has set-out to dominate and automate a specific niche in a very large fintech [financial technology] market that is worth $1.36 trillion. Our client is the undisputed leader, building best of breed products that help to originate, automate and fulfill more than 30% of all residential mortgages in the United States.
Their vision, their goal, their passion moving forward is to deliver a dominate platform as a service and developer ecosystem [think similar to Force.com or even the iPhone franchise] that will be allow any individual to build and deploy complex financial business applications, across all industries, all around the world. Furthermore, increasing their marketshare in the United State with their own fintech [SaaS] applications, eventually automating and facilitating more than 50% of all financial loan originations throughout the world.
Interested in talking with me further about this opportunity?
We're looking for a top-notch Senior Interaction Designer to help us deliver a user experience that is unparalleled among business applications. If you share our passion for simplicity and conviction that business applications should be strikingly better than what has been the convention, this may be the place for you.
• Work in cross-functional teams to define/write user experience requirements and creatively deliver simple and intuitive design solutions for our products.
• Lead projects to deliver design solution for product teams.
• Produce wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and user experience requirements for products.
• Discover, evaluate, and document user interface design patterns and standards.
• Present design ideas and solutions to product teams.
• Conduct user research.
• Mentor junior level designers.
• Expert interaction design skills with 5+ years experience.
• Expert knowledge of user-centered design processes and methodologies.
• Broad knowledge and advanced skills in interaction design, information architecture, usability evaluation, and appropriate technologies
• Demonstrated experience developing and communicating product interaction designs (wireframes, mockups, prototypes), guidelines, templates, and standards.
• Expert with design tools such as Photoshop, Omnigraffle, etc.
• Experienced gathering and documenting business, functional, and end user requirements.
• Experienced designing successful web and mobile applications.
• Creative thinker who can effectively communicate ideas.
• Advanced people skills – communicate easily and work well with co-workers and users.
• Proven effectiveness in leading projects.
• Proven effectiveness in working as a member in cross-functional teams which include designers, researchers, engineers, product managers, and tech writers.
• Capable of juggling a number of priorities and delivering results on time in a high pressure, dynamic environment.
• Bachelors or Master's degree in Graphics Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts, Fine Art, or related field (nice to have).