PLEASE NOTE: WE’RE OFFERING PREMIUM H1B PROCESSING AND GREEN CARD ASSISTANCE WITHIN 90 DAYS TO THOSE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO THE FOLLOWING CITIES:
• San Francisco, CA
• San Diego, CA
• Building v1 greenfield solutions that have established our company as the leading Data Warehouse as a Service, Advanced Analytics as a Service, and Data Lake as a Service provider in the world. We’ve assembled a leading team of technologists that leverage technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere, AWS/OpenStack, HashiCorp tools (Vagrant, Packer), Ansible etc in one of the largest deployments in the world.
• We’re building the worlds most scalable database and analytics infrastructure in the world. Purpose built for both Public and Private Cloud deployments, and based upon a massively parallel architecture that has endless elasticity. In fact, our largest deployment sits within the https://www.supernap.com located in Las Vegas and has a footprint the equivalent of an entire football field.
• Truly innovative technology infrastructure company, building the most cutting-edge Big Data technology. Filed 397 patents in the last 9 years, which amounts to one new patent weekly. In the last 2 years we’ve replaced competitor infrastructure (Oracle, AWS, IBM and Netezza) within over 100 companies, and these are significant global deployments.
• In terms of scale, we have production deployments that are more than 50 petabytes in size for some of the largest Fortune 100 companies in the world. We have one such customer that generates more than 20 terabytes of data per hour. Here are some of our customers – Ebay, Wells Fargo, Ford, Cisco, Volvo, Boeing and Comcast:
- 19 of 20 telecommunications companies.
- 14 of 20 top global retailers, customers with more than 10 petabyte deployments.
- 18 of 20 top financial institutions.
- 06 of 06 top airline transportation companies.
• Incredibly stable and profitable with a global presence with more than 40 offices throughout the globe.
Interested? Please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Attributes of successful candidates:
• Eat, sleep, and breathe services. You have experience balancing live-site management, feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt.
• You are passionate about CAP theorem, can sketch out four different consistency models and defend each of them, and understand Paxos algorithms at an implementation level.
• Excited by building reliable, self-healing services on reliable and unreliable hardware.
As a Distributed Systems Software Engineer you will be part of a team responsible for the design, build and operation of highly scalable, fault tolerant, elastic, and secure services in a distributed system of hardware with varying reliability guarantees.
• Familiarity with dev-ops software development methods.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Knowledge of relational database engines.
• Experience with Cloud services like AWS or Azure
• Experience with Docker container related technologies like Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.
• Experience working with large data sets including NoSQL data stores.
• Familiarity with big data analytic engines like Hadoop.
• Experience with supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
• Experience with automated deployments and source code / configuration management tools - GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Terraform, etc.
• Familiarity with AWS services or infrastructure architecture.
• At least 5 years of hands-on software development experience.
• Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
• Demonstrated proficiency with at least two modern general-purpose programming languages like Java, C++, Go, Python, etc.
• Experience designing, building, and operating distributed complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.