Nice to meet you! I'm often regarded as one of the geekiest Recruiters in the industry and I couldn't be more proud to be honest. I've loved computers since my Texas Instruments TI-99/4A in 1981, followed by a Laser 128, which was an Apple II clone manufactured by Vtech. I introduced Apple Logo (think similar to Lisp) to my Elementary School and helped teach after school classes on the Apple II.
Fast forward three-decades later, I'm still playing with code, deploying systems on AWS EC2/S3 and for the past 16+ years have built some of the most prestigious enterprise and consumer software companies in the world.
You can expect that I will never spam your resume anywhere. I'm incredibly technical and have a deep understanding the technology and trends that make our industry go around. I'm a wealth of opportunities that you wouldn't likely find elsewhere as the best roles are rarely advertised.
Employees: More than 2,000 Globally, with aprox 400 in Engineering and $380M in annual revenue, growing at over 40% annually.
Industry: Financial Enterprise Software [SaaS & PaaS], think similar to Salesforce.com and their Force.com platform as a service.
[Tell Me More About The Position]
We’ve began a major modernization of our entire technical existence – building from the ground-up a new v1 IaaS [building a Hybrid Cloud using both AWS and Openstack], PaaS [we want to build a world leading platform as a service similar to Force.com from Salesforce], and finally SaaS [building single–page financial applications that are simple and intuitive].
To make this initiative successful, we’re building a brand-new engineering called Next-Gen, which will sit parallel to our existing current-gen engineering team. Our new Next-Gen team is growing quickly and luring talent from Intuit, Yahoo, Netflix, SAP and other leading enterprise software companies.
[Tell Me Who The Company Is]
Like Salesforce.com, we have set out to dominate and automate a specific niche in a very large fin-tech [financial technology] market that is worth $1.36 trillion. We’re the undisputed leader, building best of breed products that process more than $2.0B daily in complex financial transactions.
Our vision, our goal, our passion moving forward is to deliver a dominate platform as a service and developer ecosystem [think similar to Force.com or even the iPhone franchise] that will allow any individual to build and deploy complex financial business applications, across all industries, all around the world.
Interested in talking with us further about this opportunity?
We are seeking an experienced System engineer who can be part of our growing Private cloud team. We are looking engineers who are passionate with deep Linux and Open source software architecture and administration and leverages automation skills to scale and manage. Over the next several years we are migrating large portions of our workloads from our private datacenters to Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google, etc) and any experience with public cloud tools and services is a plus.
• Design and Architect the core Linux Systems for our Hybrid Datacenter model.
• Developer skill, Python, golang, c#, Java, powershell, etc.
• Experience with docker containers and orchestration platforms.
• Experience with frontend web portal programming and design.
• Experience with system provisioning, automation and orchestration.
• Experience with any infrastructure automation tools, such as saltstack, terraform or cloud formation or similar tools.
• Solid understanding of TCP/IP network and various fundamental network services such as DNS, DHCP, SMTP, NTP, telnet, SSH, etc.
• Consult with product engineering teams on best practices related to Autoscaling, High Availability and Resiliency of systems.
• Act as tier 3 escalation point for systems and public cloud.
• Participate in an on-call rotation.
• Make recommendations for improvements to current processes and procedures.
• 1+ years of Docker container experience.
• Experience in designing, deploying and operating Linux on cloud.
• Infrastructure on Amazon Web Services.
• 5+ years of Linux configuration management experience.
• 2+ years of experience building Automation Pipelines leveraging github, Jenkins and event based monitoring.
• Excellent communication skills and architectural concepts.
• Ability to thrive as an individual or a small team member.
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or equivalent.