Nice to meet you! I'm often regarded as one of the geekiest Recruiters in the industry and I couldn't be more proud to be honest. I've loved computers since my Texas Instruments TI-99/4A in 1981, followed by a Laser 128, which was an Apple II clone manufactured by Vtech. I introduced Apple Logo (think similar to Lisp) to my Elementary School and helped teach after school classes on the Apple II.
Fast forward three-decades later, I'm still playing with code, deploying systems on AWS EC2/S3 and for the past 16+ years have built some of the most prestigious enterprise and consumer software companies in the world.
You can expect that I will never spam your resume anywhere. I'm incredibly technical and have a deep understanding the technology and trends that make our industry go around. I'm a wealth of opportunities that you wouldn't likely find elsewhere as the best roles are rarely advertised.
• Building v1 greenfield solutions that have established our company as the leading Data Warehouse as a Service, Advanced Analytics as a Service, and Data Lake as a Service provider in the world. We’ve assembled a leading team of technologists that leverage technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere, AWS/OpenStack, HashiCorp tools (Vagrant, Packer), Ansible etc in one of the largest deployments in the world.
• We’re building the worlds most scalable database and analytics infrastructure in the world. Purpose built for both Public and Private Cloud deployments, and based upon a massively parallel architecture that has endless elasticity. In fact, our largest deployment sits within the https://www.supernap.com located in Las Vegas and has a footprint the equivalent of an entire football field.
• Truly innovative technology infrastructure company, building the most cutting-edge Big Data technology. Filed 397 patents in the last 9 years, which amounts to one new patent weekly. In the last 2 years we’ve replaced competitor infrastructure (Oracle, AWS, IBM and Netezza) within over 100 companies, and these are significant global deployments.
• In terms of scale, we have production deployments that are more than 50 petabytes in size for some of the largest Fortune 100 companies in the world. We have one such customer that generates more than 20 terabytes of data per hour. Here are some of our customers – Ebay, Wells Fargo, Ford, Cisco, Volvo, Boeing and Comcast:
- 19 of 20 telecommunications companies.
- 14 of 20 top global retailers, customers with more than 10 petabyte deployments.
- 18 of 20 top financial institutions.
- 06 of 06 top airline transportation companies.
• Incredibly stable and profitable with a global presence with more than 40 offices throughout the globe.
Interested? Please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Reporting to the Director of AppCenter you will be responsible for building and leading the AppCenter Engineering team in Santa Clara. In this role, you will build multiple Cloud Services teams, and build an exciting culture of execution and service delivery to retain such talent.
• Work backwards from the customer to help define, build, launch and operate cloud services at scale to meet the needs of our largest customers
• Be strongly technical, hands-on, and into the details. We don’t need you to write code, but you must be able to do architecture, design, and code reviews, if needed.
• Be very data and metrics driven. You need to define and understand the key customer and operational metrics of running Cloud Services. You should have these metrics on your finger tips and be able to drive and lead the organization based on these. You will also need to report and collaborate with other teams based on such data and metrics.
• Have a deep understanding of cloud technologies and cloud platforms including AWS and Azure. You will need to have in-depth understanding of how to build, deploy, scale and operate Cloud Services in Public Cloud and Private data center environments.
• Be comfortable in an unstructured and start-up like environment of rapid change, rapid pace of execution, and be able to fail fast and course correct. You will need to provide structure and hire and lead teams in such an environment.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams in other locations to drive success.
• Develop a strong vision, appropriately organize, develop and present ideas, options, plans, goals, initiatives, roadmaps, business cases and other pertinent information required by management to make effective decisions.
• Minimum 10 years of senior level, cross-functional leadership roles in technology companies including significant expertise in cloud platforms and technologies, product management, engineering and operations.
• Proven track record building and operating at least one large scale cloud service and all the development technologies and methodologies along with operational rhythms and best practices.
• Proven track record of responsibility for managing technical development and operations teams.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.