Nice to meet you! I'm often regarded as one of the geekiest Recruiters in the industry and I couldn't be more proud to be honest. I've loved computers since my Texas Instruments TI-99/4A in 1981, followed by a Laser 128, which was an Apple II clone manufactured by Vtech. I introduced Apple Logo (think similar to Lisp) to my Elementary School and helped teach after school classes on the Apple II.
Fast forward three-decades later, I'm still playing with code, deploying systems on AWS EC2/S3 and for the past 16+ years have built some of the most prestigious enterprise and consumer software companies in the world.
You can expect that I will never spam your resume anywhere. I'm incredibly technical and have a deep understanding the technology and trends that make our industry go around. I'm a wealth of opportunities that you wouldn't likely find elsewhere as the best roles are rarely advertised.
• Building v1 greenfield solutions that have established our company as the leading Data Warehouse as a Service, Advanced Analytics as a Service, and Data Lake as a Service provider in the world. We’ve assembled a leading team of technologists that leverage technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere, AWS/OpenStack, HashiCorp tools (Vagrant, Packer), Ansible etc in one of the largest deployments in the world.
• We’re building the worlds most scalable database and analytics infrastructure in the world. Purpose built for both Public and Private Cloud deployments, and based upon a massively parallel architecture that has endless elasticity. In fact, our largest deployment sits within the https://www.supernap.com located in Las Vegas and has a footprint the equivalent of an entire football field.
• Truly innovative technology infrastructure company, building the most cutting-edge Big Data technology. Filed 397 patents in the last 9 years, which amounts to one new patent weekly. In the last 2 years we’ve replaced competitor infrastructure (Oracle, AWS, IBM and Netezza) within over 100 companies, and these are significant global deployments.
• In terms of scale, we have production deployments that are more than 50 petabytes in size for some of the largest Fortune 100 companies in the world. We have one such customer that generates more than 20 terabytes of data per hour. Here are some of our customers – Ebay, Wells Fargo, Ford, Cisco, Volvo, Boeing and Comcast:
- 19 of 20 telecommunications companies.
- 14 of 20 top global retailers, customers with more than 10 petabyte deployments.
- 18 of 20 top financial institutions.
- 06 of 06 top airline transportation companies.
• Incredibly stable and profitable with a global presence with more than 40 offices throughout the globe.
Interested? Please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
We're looking for DevOps Engineers to work in our data platform and cloud enabling technologies teams. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about automating development and production environments, and love the challenge of working in highly distributed and virtual environments. In this role you will be center to helping design and operate environments that enable fast paced development and deployments while achieving high availability. Along with a systemic discipline we are also looking for candidates who can approach the Devops discipline in new and creative ways and who are open and passionate about exploring new technologies to improve our overall environment.
• You are responsible for establishing DevOps practices inside of our Unified Data Architecture and Cloud Software teams.
• You are center to help design and operate highly available software in large distributed and virtual environments.
• Metric driven and focused on continual improvement.
• Comfortable working with distributed teams.
• Strong expertise in leveraging a wide variety of open source technologies.
• Automation is in your DNA.
• System and IT Operations.
• Continuous deployments.
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
• Strong code/scripting skills.
• Linux, Unix, MacOX and Windows operating systems (experience with CoreOS a plus).
• Experience working with complex network topologies.
• Experience working in a cloud/Iaas environment – AWS, Rackspace, Azure.
• Experience working with virtualization software such as VMWare and Openstack.
• Containerization tools such as Vagrant, Docker or LXC.
• Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack.
• Test and build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant.
• Orchestration tools such as zookeeper, Noah and Mesos.
• Monitoring/Alerting tools such as New Relic, Nagios, Icinga and Graphite.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.